Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Guadalupe Arenas VII

When A Painting Nears Completion


Guadalupe Arenas portrait, near completion

Filled with time consuming detail, this canvas has been on the easel for over two months.  Finally it nears completion, and for me that requires a little bit of distance and a lot of critical observation to decide what small corrections and tweaks are needed.  For distance, I am leaving the studio today to make visits to art museums, planning to stop first at The Galen which its the Palm Desert location of the Palm Springs Art Museum.  Next stop the Palm Springs Art Museum where I will take time to look at a few of the baskets created by Guadalupe Arenas that are in the museum's collection.


Final stop will be at University of California Riverside Palm Desert Campus to visit the exhibition 'Artistic Expressions of the Coachella Valley'.  


This exhibition contains approximately 200 works by artists living and working in the Coachella Valley.  This will be my second visit to see the art.  I encourage you to make a trip to see this exhibit if you are in the area, and while there you can see my painting, Madame Butterfly, in person.  The exhibition remains through April 22.

Madame Butterfly
Acrylic on Canvas
40 x 40
6000.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment