Friday, August 7, 2015

Boulder Bay II

Just Another Day On The Lake,


 and more unexpected delights!


Returning home at the end of my morning row I noticed someone was building rock cairns on what I call "Dali's Rocks". This is the third group of rock stacking I have seen recently, and it remains visual magic for me. 


When I returned to the studio and stood in front of the canvas on my easel, a canvas that was already planned to represent a specific boulders off the Crystal Bay Point, in this beautiful bay of boulders, I realized a cairn should be added to the composition.


The painting progresses with a very limited palette (Prussian Blue, Titanium White, Burnt Umber, Raw Umber), and the cairn is becoming obvious.


When the pigment starts to go onto the cairn shapes new colors will be added.  Due to the size, 48x60" canvas, it will take some time to complete.  I am sharing photos of the progress on Facebook and here on the blog, so check back to watch this painting take shape. 


To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment