Monday, March 10, 2014

Back to Cactus.

Yes, It's Back to Painting Cactus Plants.

Prickly Pear Blossom
30 x 48
Original Acrylic Painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

My current frustration with portraits, discussion with artist friends, and a bit of soul searching has led me back to nature's sculptures. I am not leaving my Indian Women portraits for good, just taking a break to work out what I perceive as issues.  

Fence Post Cactus painting in process.

So here is what is back on the easel.  This Fence Post cactus is receiving its thorns and will become one of three paintings to form a triptych.  Each will be a different type of Fence Post...all curvy, luscious, and prickly.  Yes, I will be working on my women, but in the closet, at least not showing them for awhile, until I work out my issues.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click  HERE

1 comment:

  1. Lovely art blog :) I am glad I found you :) lets follow each other? I have already followed you..I too have a fine art blog:
    http://www.fineartandyou.com/
    Have a look, hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete